Nonprofit Website Design, Goals and Best Practices
If you run a nonprofit organization, then building a cost-effective nonprofit website is a high priority. Not only do you need your website to appeal to multiple audiences – donors, volunteers, and clients – but you also want to make sure your website portrays you as the professional, trustworthy organization that you are. How do you do all of this? Below is an overview of nonprofit website design, and how you can build a website to address your goals.
Nonprofit Website Goals
The goals of a nonprofit website are numerous – often even more extensive than those of your for-profit counterparts. As you consider your nonprofit website design, envision a website that meets the following goals:
- Convinces prospective clients that your organization is one from which they will benefit
- Provides volunteers with accessible information, a user-friendly application form, and convenient contact information
- Converts prospective donors to actual donors
- Has clear calls to action and a visible, user-friendly “donate” button
- Quickly and effectively communicates impact – through data, research, testimonials, and more
- Portrays a design that tells a story throughout, via compelling images and well-chosen branding
Nonprofit Website Best Practices
The special considerations that a nonprofit website poses, which differ from for-profit counterparts, is to make sure that online donations will be as easy as possible to make and process.
The best practices that a nonprofit website must follow are very similar to those of a for-profit website. These include: providing your users with easy navigation, breaking up large blocks of text, making sure your back-end functionality – like form capture – works smoothly, and displaying an appealing “About Us” section. The special considerations that a nonprofit website poses, which differ from for-profit counterparts, is to make sure that online donations will be as easy as possible to make and process.
Nonprofit Website Design in Austin, TX
Clarity Venture understands not just website design, but nonprofit website design. Our past nonprofit clients have walked away satisfied, after receiving brand overhauls, member portals, social media integration, blog development, and more. Read more in this series for a more granular overview of nonprofit website design, or contact Clarity today to learn more.
Find out more about Clarity VenturesSee our Enterprise Web Portfolio