hosting Requirements and Configuration Settings for DNN
At Clarity, our Content Management System (CMS) of choice is DotNetNuke. While we can work with any CMS, we find the DotNetNuke (DNN) system particularly user-friendly and adaptable. If you use decide on DotNetNuke development, you may wonder how to configure it. Fortunately, the steps are quite simple.
Why Use DotNetNuke?
The main benefit of DotNetNuke is that it is easy to use for developers and eCommerce store managers alike. While there are a variety of complex and highly detailed features, its simplicity and flexibility allows a variety of personnel to use it, regardless of skill level. Because DotNetNuke is an open-source CMS, it can also integrate with a wide variety of third-party add-ons, providing for a feature-rich platform that can do virtually anything you need it to.
Hosting Requirements for DotNetNuke
While there are a variety of complex and highly detailed features, its simplicity and flexibility allows a variety of personnel to use it, regardless of skill level.
The server requirements for DotNetNuke are relatively simple. They are as follows:
- MS SQL Server 2008 R2 or greater – Express edition is fine
- ASP.Net 4.0
- IIS 6.0 or greater (7.0 is preferred)
- SMTP server settings to update CMS and enable e-mails Let Clarity know if you have questions about any of these server requirements.
The basic configuration steps for a DotNetNuke website are as follows:
- Set the permissions for read/write for Network Service (or whatever account is assigned to your app pool account) for \Portals\0 folder
- Change the Portal Alias entries to live domains instead of .info domains
- Install the iFinity license for friendly URL’s. Clarity can send this when you’re ready for it, and it can go in a specific folder.
- Reset your Admin and Host passwords to maintain security
- Run a final click-through and test on your entire site, including content management login and functionality review.
A Clarity website designer
can help you with configuration and other basic set-up instructions if you still need help. Contact a Clarity representative today to learn more about the DotNetNuke platform and how you can use it for your eCommerce site.
To learn more about DotNetNuke,
please browse the following articles:
Find out more about Clarity VenturesSee our Enterprise Web Portfolio