Improving Customer Loyalty and Satisfaction with Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP Integration of eCommerce Activities
Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP integration of back-office and B2B eCommerce features for customers facilitates using records from sales, finance, purchasing, manufacturing, inventory management and order fulfillment in new and exciting ways. The more data that the system can collect, monitor and use for actionable business purposes, the better customer satisfaction and operational efficiency will be. The best practices for integrating ERP software and other business applications involve using a middleware solution, like Clarity Connect, that syncs data, provides bi-directional processing and streamlines labor-intensive processes by automating data collection and disseminating information. Staff members only need to enter data once, and the middleware layer sends the information everywhere that it’s relevant.
How Middleware Integration Works for B2B Platforms
Integrated Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP software can foster greater customer loyalty with business process automation that delivers consistently outstanding customer service. Order processing speeds up, and customers can access a range of information about their accounts, order history and shipping options so that it’s easy to place complex orders even when ordering from a mobile phone. Examples of how integrating ERP software works in practical terms include the following automated processes:
- Customers and prospects visit an eCommerce website.
- A record of the visit is generated and converted into a format that works in Dynamics GP software (Contact record -> Activity log).
- If a sale is made, a Customer Record and Sales Order are automatically generated.
- Visitor behavior is tracked and recorded to build user profiles for custom displays, marketing messages, recommendations and content curation.
- Sales Orders and Quotes are sent to the appropriate staff for review, fulfillment and shipping.
- Shipping details are converted into readable formats and forwarded to the eCommerce store.
- Inventory figures update in real-time.
- Errors are detected by automated analyses such as detecting mismatched pricing.
- Clarity eCommerce multi-tiered pricing model uses GP pricing tables to calculate prices for retail, customers, resellers, wholesales, and more.
- Invoices are generated automatically and are sent to customers and Accounting.
- Other benefits of integration that enhance customer experience include reducing staff needs, improving inventory counts in storefront operations, boosting sales, targeting promotional efforts, expediting deliveries, tracking shipments and enabling up-to-the-minute updates.
Customer Service Takes Its Place at the Top of the Queue with ERP Integration
The usefulness of both CRM and ERP software depends on how efficiently business process automation works, and that depends on how fully the software is integrated into operations. If customers must contact sales or customer service staff frequently to troubleshoot problems with orders, get answers to simple questions or manage other issues with their accounts, the hidden costs can be tremendous. Companies routinely lose orders, fail to upsell accounts and frustrate customers when self-service eCommerce applications don’t work seamlessly with back-office data. The costs of staff intervention also raise human capital costs and prevent staff from pursuing revenue-generating tasks.
Integrating your GP ERP software with Clarity eCommerce streamlines every business process such as speeding order fulfillment, monitoring and tracking customer behavior and enabling customers to get real-time answers to critical questions and concerns from dynamic self-service options. Integration options for better customer service include:
- Generating customized reports and 360-degree views of each customer’s profile and real-time actions.
- Automating line of business applications to foster seamless connections with multiple databases and internal management systems.
- Delivering customer-centric tools for order fulfillment, support requests and ticketing applications.
- Generating customized email, marketing promotions and newsletter marketing.
- Triggering custom quotes, accelerated workflows and faster management decisions.
- Helping customers apply for credit and managing customer accounts more efficiently.
- Providing Invoices, Orders, Quotes, Favorites, Wishlists, and Shopping Lists to provide fast and easy re-ordering.
- Calculating duties, customs and taxes automatically.
- Integrating shipping and freight options including bill processing, customer-specific pricing, custom quotes, etc.
- Protecting customer security with firewalls and isolated data that travels from brick-and-mortar stores to web stores and platform-based third-party integrations.
- Centralizing sales and account information to simplify filing business reports and taxes.
- Personalizing the user experience for each customer.