Integrated software makes it easier for B2B companies to install upgrades, add custom features, connect proprietary apps and access BI from third-party sources. Organizations can easily expand their operations into new territories around the world. Scalability and automation generate long-term efficiency so that companies don’t need to retool their systems every year or two. However, the big advantage of integration is fostering greater satisfaction and loyalty of demanding B2B customers. These B2B benefits of integrating Salesforce with a company’s accounting and eCommerce systems can strengthen customer allegiance and provide better user experiences by allowing customers and staff to perform the following eCommerce-related actions:
- Connect with social media platforms.
- Generate automatic alerts to sales and customer service departments based on customized criteria.
- Synchronize files and consolidate duplicate entries.
- Empower customers to perform a full range of self-service activities.
- Automate custom price quotes and custom product configurations.
- Provide relevant suggestions.
- Grant access to third-party research and detailed product information from suppliers.
- Trigger automated marketing messages.
- Manage complex pricing tiers, incentive offers and custom price quotes to generate instant and accurate invoices.
- Push all this data up to the sales people, where and when they need it most.
The latest B2B marketing statistics show that cultivating great user experiences offers companies increasingly more benefits. Forrester research found that 30 percent of B2B decision-makers place at least half of their orders online, and that figure is predicted to increase to by 56 percent in 2017.  More customers research products and place orders over the Internet, so offering intuitive self-service options and providing extra services after orders are placed have become business necessities for companies that want to remain competitive. A robust and highly customizable eCommerce marketplace, like Clarity eCommerce, is just the ticket for such a demanding front-end platform.