Microsoft acquired Xamarin because the platform offered incredible advances in building mobile applications. Instead of developing a separate code for each operating system, mobile app builders can reuse up to 85 percent of their codes across mobile platforms from their C# code base.  The downside for B2B companies is that more than 50 percent of online traffic now comes from mobile devices. That means it's essential to optimize websites for mobile ordering. Savvy companies can either build their own apps easily using Xamarin or hire a Xamarin-certified developer, like Clarity, and these apps can extend portal functionality, strengthen customer loyalty and deliver special features and benefits.
Mobile App Development Improves the Customer Experience
The benefits of having a mobile app include generating greater customer loyalty. Many app users conduct all their product searches directly on their mobile apps.  Apps greatly simplify all user processes when using mobile phones, which can be difficult to manipulate while traveling or commuting. Maybe the biggest benefit of mobile app development is the speed of the process. Unlike retooling a website, a mobile app can be deployed quickly to extend the capabilities of customer and patient portals, by inheriting all of the phone’s capabilities within the application itself. Mobile apps make it easy to research products, conduct searches, place orders and contact human staff members with questions. Integrating with social media is easy using an app.
Taking Charge of Health-related Communications
Developers of mHealth apps face demanding HIPAA regulations that protect patient privacy, health information and account data that crooks steal to pay for health services. Xamarin simplifies the exhaustive testing necessary to find errors and vulnerabilities in apps. Each operating system must be tested to ensure that an mHealth app works as well on a Windows phone as it does on an Android or iOS device.
Benefits for mHealth Apps
The process of developing and testing an mHealth app is even more demanding than developing a B2B proprietary mobile app. These apps share the same need to deliver an outstanding customer or user experience, but government regulations add additional burdens to the development process. The benefits of using mHealth apps include:
Businesses Subject to HIPAA Standards
- Any business that stores, transmits or uses protected health information (PHI) is required to comply with HIPAA regulations. That means manufacturers of health apps and medical practices must comply. Physicians who use smartphones and connect to pharmacies to transmit prescriptions must also comply.
- Doctors can send prescriptions and receive confidential information on the go from their phones. It’s easy to confirm stakeholder messages, communicate on any secured device and monitor patient health with connections to wearable devices and health apps.
Automated Logs of Activities
- An ongoing log of health-related vital signs can prove useful for diagnoses, adjusting medication and confirming patient compliance with health recommendations.
- Customers can connect with patient portals on their phones and use them more efficiently when they use an mHealth app.
Testing mHealth apps, ensuring compliance and changing features as guidelines evolve, are easier when developers can test, change and rewrite code quickly using the Xamarin platform.
Benefits of Cross-platform Development
Using Xamarin, developers can build a working portal that allows teams to collaborate directly with managers and company IT staff members to build apps, remove bugs and test app iterations. The benefits of using Xamarin for app development include: 
- Code can be reused for Android and iPhone applications, which speeds development and lowers costs.
Easier Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Staff can work directly with developers to train, spot problems and fix bugs. An integrated platform ensures that bugs only need to be fixed once.
Using Shared Code
- Testing protocols can be developed using a common code base, which saves money that can be applied to creating better testing applications of mobile website capabilities.
Common Development Languages
Greater Development Efficiency
- Developers and staff members save time when they have access to a suite of development tools, outside resources and experienced app developers who have already solved many common problems.
Unexpected Benefits of Cross-platform Development
- Xamarin cross-platform mobile development makes it easy for employees to use their personal phones to access applications and data, which reduces the need to invest in more computer stations.
Choosing an App-friendly Developer
Choosing the right developer depends on your needs. Usually, B2B companies choose a developer that's familiar with eCommerce, B2B design, mobile website capabilities and digital marketing. Health-related businesses want a vendor that's experienced using the Xamarin platform for HIPAA-compliant portals and apps. Fortunately, some of the best developers handle both specialties. Companies Like Clarity have experience working with both medical companies and world-class B2B sales platforms. Call or contact Clarity today for answers to your questions about Xamarin and the benefits of having a mobile app.
 Streethawk.com: Code reuse using Xamarin of 50-85% gets Apps faster to markethttp://www.streethawk.com/blog/2015/04/code-reuse-using-xamarin-of-50-85-gets-apps-faster-to-market/
 Statista.com: Mobile App Usage - Statistics & Facts
 Alligatortek.com:Six Advantages of Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development