Load Testing 2,000 Devices
Xamarin Test Cloud
Testing ecommerce applications thoroughly on the Xamarin platform offers ecommerce companies extraordinary benefits by troubleshooting errors in the code, sharing code across multiple operating systems and categorizing and qualifying apps for sale on Google Play and the iOS App Store. Even testing for iOS apps grows increasingly more complicated because Apple products have begun to diverge from each other. Apple iPhones, iPads and Macs have diverged substantially into different ecosystems like OS X and iOS X, and even small changes can affect how apps function and integrate with ecommerce platforms.
Adding Android to the mix of screen sizes, pixel densities and aspect ratios seriously complicates app testing for developers and ecommerce companies. Connection types, battery life, power consumption and usability in global markets also make the process of testing applications overwhelming -- especially if done manually. The Xamarin testing platform simplifies matters by providing technology in the cloud that can test Web apps, native apps and combination apps. Using Xamarin accelerates the testing process of using up to 2,000 real devices. Testers can do everything that their app’s users do -- from pinching and scrolling to swiping and double-tapping. You can track and monitor your tests, record test data, analyze performance issues and test on both Android and iOS.
- Automate testing on 2,000+ devices
- Test on hundreds of different brands and physical device models
- Bridge the differences between operating systems with Xamarin’s automatic bridging code
- Simplify the testing of international apps where regional traits, target audiences, time zones and language problems, such as right-to-left script, invalidate many testing successes of global products
- Analyze the app’s performance at each step and for every feature
- Prepare apps for immediate distribution on Google Play and the Apple App Store
- Xamarin developers can help developers to automate their tests for apps
- Eliminate the need for staff involvement, which reduces the risk of human error, or bring in staff at key testing junctures if the ecommerce platform supports this kind of automatic notifications
Developers can test exhaustively with automatic testing at record-breaking speeds and minimal costs when compared to traditional testing. Testing on multiple devices isn't a luxury in today's environment of technical one-upmanship. Surveys show that manual testing has become less effective and more cost-prohibitive because it now requires developers to test their products on at least 134 devices just to cover 75 of the U.S. market.