find business opportunities & change operations based on data driven critical strategies
The Statistical Battleground for B2B eCommerce
Throughout the guide, readers will find many statistics because big data, eCommerce and business trends guide business decisions better than any single factor in the digital age. Companies profile their clients, find business opportunities, change operations and decide on critical strategies such as building a better B2B eCommerce platform based on reliable statistics. Some of the key statistics that decision-makers should consider when assessing development decisions include these insights from Handshake.com:
- Mobile searches are already topping desktop searches, so B2B companies need to develop mobile strategies because their customers are accessing their accounts from phones and tablets.
- More than 52 percent of buyers research products on their phones, and many of these are Millennials who expect the latest technology and user-friendly features.
- B2B platforms increasing offer unusual features such as selling products for other organizations in a Marketplace business model.
- 60 percent of companies report increased customer spending after implementing omni-channel sales and marketing strategies.
- B2B companies with integrated systems experienced a reduction in cart abandonment of 8.3 percent and visitor-to-buyer conversion rates of more than 20 percent.
Other statistics that favor B2B development include that businesses with 401 to 1,000 pages get six times more leads from their sites than businesses with only 51 to 100 pages. Leads developed through SEO efforts — including inbound marketing — have 14.6-percent conversion rates versus a 1.7-percent close rate for print advertising and direct mail.
Clarity Ventures proudly offers this guide as a starting point for decision-makers who have questions about building a B2B eCommerce platform, adding a business component to a retail operation or upgrading their website capabilities. Our team can help to guide you even further by working with your in-house development team, providing planning tools and templates and working with your stakeholders to develop a world-class B2B eCommerce platform. Read over the guide to get a sense of our company and our experience in developing custom platforms, and call or contact us anytime for answers to questions, further explanations or a consultation or price quote.
One interesting group of statistics regards the importance of connecting through other channels and developing a mobile marketing strategy. About 47 percent of Facebook users or 674 million people connect with the social site on a mobile phone at least once each day. Many of these people use voice-activated searches, which creates a new way of structuring keywords that’s more natural and less structured. That’s a big trend for B2B marketers to consider. Even though mobile phones are the popular choice for searches today, that could easily change over the next few years because there will be more Internet-enabled devices such as smart appliances so that the total of all phones, laptops and PCs will only account for 25 percent of Internet connections. It’s easy to see why B2B companies need to monitor trends and adapt to evolving marketplace conditions.