Dynamic, Robust, Built for Growth
Adaptable eCommerce Architecture
While evaluating the various global eCommerce systems and your own business growth; here are some of the questions and considerations you will need to keep in mind:
- How capable is your International eCommerce system?
- Is it possible for your global eCommerce system to adapt to different kinds of scenarios, for instance?
- Can your system handle the different types or versions of software your partners might have for inventory and warehouse management?
- Does the company you are working with have any previous experience in managing that kind of logistics with their clients?
- Do they have the capability to handle that amount of data?
They might have a PunchOut catalog system, a cXML protocol, etc. for orders. Maybe they utilize EDI. Therefore, it is essential to know the type of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and integrations used by your various distribution partners. So, once you decide to get dedicated company-owned physical locations, the transition will be seamless for your system as well.
This includes different inventory information, different physical locations, separate shipments, shipping times, and shipment carriers depending on the region, different pricing, etc. As you might expect, the list is endless.
There are many detailed and complex nuances to keep in mind when choosing an eCommerce system, especially an international one. Since it is globalized, a lot of customs, duties, and distribution bottlenecks and challenges are bound to occur.
Fortunately, having a distribution partner when you are starting really helps iron out a lot of those details. Once everything is set, carefully monitor how your distribution partner handles things. When it makes sense to scale into that particular market, it would be a good idea to get a company-owned distribution center.
To execute your software and digital strategy, you may work with international eCommerce developers like Clarity. It will allow you to integrate seamlessly into the new system and carry out your international eCommerce business as desired.