Before you install Sitefinity
Sitefinity System Requirements
Before installing Sitefinity, you must ensure that your system meets the Sitefinity System requirements.
- Microsoft® Windows 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, Microsoft Azure, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista
Note: To execute a Sitefinity project on Microsoft Azure, you need to first develop the project locally, utilizing the other Windows platforms mentioned in this list.
It is not possible to run Sitefinity with a version of Windows older than Windows XP.
- Sitefinity supports both 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 (To deploy a Sitefinity project to IIS, you need to configure it to switch to the Integrated mode)
- .NET Framework 4.7.2
- ASP.NET MVC 5
- SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2012 R2, 2008 R2, 2008
- SQL Express 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
- Microsoft® Azure SQL
- MySQL (5.0.3 to 5.7.14)
Sitefinity is an easy to use, powerful, and stable CMS. It allows you to create custom widgets. This has many benefits as it increases the level of control offered by the Sitefinity Widget Developer.